Job Title: Business Development Manager
Department: Business Development
Reporting to: Director, Clinical Business Development
Responsible for (staff): None
General Purpose of Role:
- To deliver the corporate business strategies including specific territory and client plans in order to achieve agreed Company, departmental and individual objectives and within agreed budgets.
- To actively position the Company within the European and global pharmaceutical industry to win projects from assigned client(s) and territories across all service capabilities.
- Proactively generate new business opportunities from existing clients and attain business from new clients to achieve or exceed the annual sales forecast.
- Actively manage the sales process – lead generation, appointment setting, credentials pitch, asking questions, solution pitch, and negotiation, close.
- Managing and maintaining the sales pipeline and ensuring all sales administration is current using CRM software.
- Actively seeking and developing value added solutions and partnerships with new and existing clients to maintain/exceed the agreed sales forecasts.
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals, contract negotiation, closure of proposals and any further documentation, following PCI Pharma Services procedures.
- Facilitate the handover of won business in a timely and documented manner to the Project, Operational and Quality teams.
- Contribute to the development and use of an accurate costing template to determine project and service area profitability.
- Key account development, management and delivery of plans in line with business targets.
- Development and implementation of:
- Business development and marketing strategies.
- Territory and specific service plans.
- Departmental Key Performance Indicators.
- Sales forecasts and re-forecasting process.
- Departmental budgets.
- Development, updating and maintaining the Company presentation to reflect PCI Pharma Services service offerings.
- Acquisition and maintenance of in-depth knowledge of PCI Pharma Services areas of expertise and services for appropriate cross sell opportunities to existing clients.
- Selection of and representation at relevant conferences and events in accordance with the agreed departmental budgets.
- To agree and work towards personal development goals
- Where required, undertake major tasks and responsibilities outside the job holder’s area of responsibility
- Reporting departmental metrics to the Executive Team and Board as required.
Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
Outcomes of Role:
- Achieving and exceeding the agreed annual sales forecast.
- Achieving the agreed Company, departmental and individual objectives and KPIs.
- A documented key account plan with periodic reviews of each key account.
- The use of the costing template to determine profitability on service areas and individual studies.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in any discipline
Previous Work Experience:
- 5 years sales experience in Pharma organisation or Clinical Research Organisation (CRO).
Specific Knowledge / Skills Competence:
- Experience in the clinical supply field, preferably in a contract environment
- An excellent understanding of Quality Standards including GMP, GCP and GDP. Familiar with concepts of risk management
- Broad knowledge of Sage 200 or similar enterprise management systems
- Excellent people management skill and experience
- Experience in managing change and growth
- Strategic thinking skills
- Ability to operate at senior management level
- IT literate in standard packages
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- IT literate with good knowldege of Sage, excel, word and internet funtionality
- Attention to detail.
- Awareness of GMP documentation.
- Experience of MS Office and Sage applications.
- Attitude embracing company vision and values.
- Analytical thinking and Problem Solving.
- Customer Service.
- Team player.
- Judgement and decision making.
- Self Confidence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Self Motivation/ achievement drive.
- Willingness to travel on company business.