Job Title: Clinical Warehouse Operator
Department: PCI Clinical
Reporting to: Storage & Distribution Manager
Responsible for (staff): N/A
Length of Term: 12 Months (Temporary, Fixed Term)
General Purpose of Role:
- The picking and close out of nominated client orders, processing goods receipts along with general stock control, warehouse housekeeping and status control of associated areas of the storage & distribution facility.
Order documentation, picking, checking and close out
- Picking and packing of clinical trial supplies for onward distribution.
- Maintain inventory records for stock control.
- Completion of despatch documentation.
- Shipment preparation activities including the use of temperature controlled shipping systems.
- Processing temperature monitors or other devices included in despatches.
Returns, Disposition and Destruction
- Liaison with clients and couriers regarding site returns and dealing with any queries.
- Processing of clinical trial site returns including the management of disposition items to await destruction.
- Coordinate the destruction of dispositioned material.
- Preparation of information for administration, providing details of returns received and pallet storage for invoicing purposes.
- Reporting to line management of expiring or slow moving stocks and where applicable placing supplies onto disposition.
- Undertaking inventory cycle counts and carrying out any required investigations.
- Receipt and booking in of supplies.
- Housekeeping and status control of assigned areas and function.
- Compliance with GxP standards and Health and Safety policies.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of department.
- General warehousing activities including stock locating.
- 5 GCSE’s level or equivalent Inc. English and Maths
- Driving licence
Previous Work Experience:
- Warehousing and/or pharmaceutical environment (with emphasis on status control and housekeeping)
- Multi functional warehousing experience (Goods in, order picking, stock control, order processing through an ERP system)
Specific Knowledge / Skills Competence:
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
- GCP (Good Clinical Practice)
- GDP (Good Distribution Practice)
- Ability to multi task across a number of duties
- Continuous improvement and problem solving techniques
- Basic IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and take ownership in fulfilling targets
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Able to travel between PCI (UK) sites