Job Title: AS Dev Team Leader
Department: Analytical Services
Reporting to: AS Team Leader
Responsible for (staff): N/A
General Purpose of Role:
- To organise team activities and carry out routine and where necessary non-routine AS laboratory procedures in an effective and efficient manner.
- To ensure compliance with relevant Company, local and international Regulatory and Client requirements at all times.
- The job holder has direct people management responsibilities for their team members and ensuring that all KPIs, targets and any other deadlines are met individually and by the team.
- Responsible for the leadership of team of designated personnel within the Analytical Development group ensuring delivery of method development and validation activities, written and oral communication of technical aspects of analytical analysis to internal and external customers in accordance with agreed service levels.
- To manage and process all HR and departmental documentation for the team members including; attendance sheets, overtime forms, sickness related documents, absence request forms and annual leave and staff appraisals including 1:1s, probationary reviews and PMRs.
- To professionally and consistently conduct all relevant Team Leaders’ activities, including managing and recording as required, performance, absence, timekeeping, holidays, grievance, discipline, training and development, etc.
- To ensure the training and development of the Team is fully delivered, understood and evidenced in line with both day to day and Company requirements.
- To organise team activities to perform routine laboratory procedures and to oversee laboratory work within the team.
- To authorise technical documentation and to routinely participate in batch release procedures in relation to the team’s activities. This may extend to other areas within the department, as required.
- To prepare technical documentation within the department, as required.
- To appraise staff within the team, including setting and assessing achievement of objectives.
- To train others as required, to ensure that all members of the Team are adequately trained, and to ensure that appropriate training records are maintained for the team.
- To maintain sectional expenditure within budgetary constraints.
- To maintain a thorough understanding of international regulatory and ISO requirements pertinent to the team and to ensure that all work within the team complies with these, with departmental procedures and the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice.
- To ensure that all sectional lead times, including those of sub-contract facilities providing a service to the team and team investigations, deviations and change controls are complied with, subject to there being no attenuating circumstances.
- To carry out and manage projects within the department and at international level, as required.
- To develop and validate laboratory procedures within the team and with other organisations, as required. This includes the qualification of equipment.
- To review analytical and laboratory data within the department for accuracy, completeness and compliance with documented procedures.
- Degree educated in a scientific subject (preferably Chemistry or Microbiology)
Previous Work Experience:
- Previously working at this level with responsibility for a team.
Specific Knowledge / Skills Competence:
- Similar level supervisory experience within a laboratory environment essential, ideally in a pharmaceutical company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Lead by example