Job Title: Distribution Services Administrator
Department: CT & CS / Storage & Distribution
Division / Section: S&D Clinical Trials
Reporting to: Manager of Global Storage & Distribution
Responsible for (staff): N/A
Term: Fixed 12 months
General Purpose of Role:
- The primary functions of this position are to process shipment requests from external or internal sources, ensuring that all appropriate paperwork has been completed and given to the warehouse team, and to maintain and process international paperwork associated to clinical distribution sales orders.
- Process shipment requests by entering and verifying all information into the JDE system
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork related to the shipment request has been included with the order submitted to the warehouse for the pick and pack of the materials.
- Creation of pro-forma invoices (if applicable) to the shipment.
- Interact with IxRS system with the upload of shipping information
- Follow-up on delivery confirmation of shipments via the selected courier.
- Assist in the downloading and management of temperature monitoring devices.
- Assist in the daily planning meetings between the project management and the operations team in order to schedule shipments efficiently.
- Schedule the pick-up of shipments with the selected courier
- Housekeeping and status control of assigned areas and function.
- Compliance with GCP, GMP and Health and Safety policies.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of department.
- Level 3 qualification e.g. AS and A Levels, NVQ 3, BTEC National Award, or equivalent
Previous Work Experience:
- Administrative experience within an office environment
- Experience within a warehouse/distribution environment
- Experience of a ERP system
Specific Knowledge / Skills Competence:
- Highly developed IT skills in MS Office applications with specific aptitude displayed in reporting tools including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- An awareness / understanding of cGMP.
- Ability to work accurately with good attention to detail
- Ability to work well in busy conditions and to operate effectively within a team
- Ability to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to establish good working relationships with a variety of people
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills, in particular Outlook, Word and Excel
- Professional with high integrity
- Positive attitude
- Hardworking and reliable
- Desire to develop within a pharmaceutical organisation or project management
- Ability to work extra hours during busy periods
- Ability to adjust working hours as required