Instrument Support Analyst
Job Title: Instrument Support Analyst
Department: Analytical Services
Reporting to: Lab Support Manager
Responsible for (staff): N/A
General Purpose of Role:
- To ensure that the Analytical Instrumentation within Analytical Services is maintained, validated and calibrated in an efficient and effective manner in full compliance with relevant documented procedures and pertinent regulatory/company requirements.
- Maintain instrument records, including logbooks, SOPs and training documents and be responsible for maintaining the PPM System for Analytical Services.
- Maintain the instrument maintenance and calibration schedule and ensure that instruments are serviced and calibrated within the time lines set out in company procedures.
- Ensure all documentation relating to instrument maintenance, calibration and breakdown is completed and maintained in a compliant manner.
- Co-ordinate purchase of new instrumentation for the department, including validation activities to ensure timely introduction of instrumentation into the laboratory.
- Plan and prioritise own work in line with the department and client requirements and adapt this where necessary in line with departmental and client needs and expectations.
- Prepare technical documentation within the department related to instrument breakdowns, validation and calibration activities, including deviations and change controls, as required.
- To train members of staff on instrument use within the department, as required.
- Ensure all work carried out complies with departmental procedures, manufacturers guidance and is cGMP compliant.
- Degree educated in a scientific subject (preferably Chemistry or Microbiology)
Previous Work Experience:
- Demonstrable previous experience within an analytical laboratory environment.
- Sufficient relevant experience in a regulated environment.
Specific Knowledge / Skills Competence:
- Experience in Instrumental Analysis and troubleshooting.
- Experience of Safety Management Systems.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Lead by example
June 19, 2017