Job Title: Manufacturing Operators
Reporting to: Crew Leader
Responsible for (staff): N/A
General Purpose of Role:
- The job holder will work under limited supervision to manufacture pharmaceutical products to GMP standards and procedures using complex machinery and equipment.
- To dispense raw materials required for manufacturing as per written instructions using calibrated equipment.
- To prepare bulk liquid solutions, semi-solid masses, powder blends and granules from pharmaceutical raw materials.
- To fill liquids and semi-solids into final containers using a full range of equipment.
- To encapsulate bulk powders using full range of capsule filling equipment and machinery.
- To produce tablets from blends/granules using a full range of compressing machinery.
- To coat tablets/granules using a full range of sugar and film coating equipment.
- To complete all documentation promptly and accurately to meet the requirements of documentary evidence for the manufacture of pharmaceutical products.
- To calibrate associated equipment as per written procedures and to record results.
- To set and operate packaging equipment (tablet and capsule counters, blister packing and walleting machinery).
- To operate all allied equipment and perform all support operations e.g. in process checks on machine operations.
- To clean all areas of manufacturing and associated equipment in conformance with GMP using the approved sanitizers.
- To work in a safe manner with due regard to one’s own safety and that of others at all times abide with the companies Health and Safety policies.
Outcomes of Role:
- 4 GCSE’s at grade C or equivalent
- Good level of understanding of GMP principles
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Application of health and safety principles.
Previous Work Experience:
- Previous experience in Pharma / Clinical services background desirable
Specific Knowledge / Skills Competence:
- Good understanding of GMP
- Pharma/mechanical background would be desirable
Skills & Aptitudes:
- Eye for detail
- Team Player