Job Title: Project Officer
Location: Hay on Wye
Department: Technical Services Team
Reporting to: Technical Development Officer
Responsible for (staff): N/A
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Officer to join the Technical Services team. The successful candidate will have a flexible and willing attitude along with excellent customer service skills and be a strong team player.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous office and operational based manufacturing & packaging experience in a Pharmaceutical or FMCG business is essential
- Strong experience in Project Management
- Sound working knowledge of cGMP and GAMP “Current”
- Strong insight into the pharmaceutical / FMCG customer requirements relating to speed to market, NPI and service
General Purpose of Role:
Responsible for all New Product Introduction administration within the Technical Development department within PCI Pharma Services including:
- Providing technical packaging solutions to enable the generation and approval of all new business quotations established product updates and new SKU extensions
- Administrative management of all New product introduction to site ensuring integration into all site wide business units and to own the product until formally handed over and embedded into the commercial phase
- Co-ordination of annual review of all SKU’s to ensure process is still fit for purpose and meets the agreed costing and margin
- Ensure all activities undertaken are in accordance with statutory, regulatory and company EHS, cGMP and technical standards, procedures and systems.
- Development and maintenance of the New Product Introduction (NPI) ways of working including but not limited to databases, specifications, templates, SOP’s and training.
- Provide internal and external customer and supplier appropriate NPI status reporting including but not limited to Issue and Risks, Budget control, performance and schedule adherence.
- Drive a Right First Time culture within operations to deliver a Zero Defect performance.
- Deliver products of Value at Optimal Cost.
- Create and sustain a working environment that promotes the PCI Pharma Services Values and Behaviours.
- Connect across PCI Pharma Services to Drive Performance.
- To undertake such tasks and to manage specific or ad hoc projects as and when required to meet department and business needs and within the scope of the job-holder’s capabilities.
Scope and Authority:
- The job holder is responsible for adhering to Hays SOPs, Health & Safety, GMP and other regulatory guidelines themselves and by team members.
- The job holder has no direct people management responsibilities
- The job holder is responsible managing and maintaining specific NPI budgets and costings
- This position has authority for expenditure as defined in the purchasing authority levels document.
- Educated to BTEC HND or degree level in a Technical, Engineering, Packaging or a Science subject with previous experience working in a Technical management role or equivalent industry level experience.
- Proficient utilisation of software packages such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Visio and a high level of computer literacy.
- Prince 2 (or equivalent) project management qualification
- Ability to travel on company business as required