Job Title: Site Lean Coach
Location: Hay on Wye
Reporting to: Continuous Improvement Lead
Responsible for (staff): N/A
General Purpose of Role:
- Supporting the CI Lead in the implementation of the Lean Deployment Strategy for the site, instituting strategic process changes across the site that will improve product delivery cycle, improve overall manufacturability, and reduce costs.
- Implementing in conjunction with the CI Lead the lean vision and the lean strategy to improve site efficiency and reduce waste at the manufacturing facility.
- Act as a change agent in the implementation of lean, utilising state of the art tools and methodologies.
- Drive sustainability within process improvement by coaching, maintaining and auditing using Lean Change Control.
- Lead the implementation of World Class Workplace Organisation within the site facilities, utilising visual management tools.
- In conjunction with the CI Lead, support the communication of Lean across the business in order to maximise coverage of Continuous Improvement activity.
- Lead A3 CI projects to provide sustained improvements to the Business Value Stream.
- Support project Leaders, as required, in the implementation of strategic CI projects across the Site.
- Lead the way in establishing and developing the Site Lean Academy, in order to raise Lean Awareness and develop Lean Skills across the business.
- Design and Deliver Lean Coaching programs up to Yellow Belt level.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college
- Formally certified as a Lean Leader/Green Belt
- Formally certified as a Lean Coach/Black Belt
Previous Work Experience:
- Previous experience of holding a CI role within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of coaching CI methodologies across multiple functions
- Experience of dealing with people through periods of change
Specific Knowledge / Skills Competence:
- Knowledge of Lean and CI methodologies
- Knowledge of statistical process control techniques.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organised
- Able to manage own agenda
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexibility with working hours