Technical Operations Manager
Job Title: Technical Operations Manager
Department: Technical Services
Reporting to: Director of Technical Services
Responsible for (staff): N/A
General Purpose of Role:
The Technical Operations Manager will be responsible for all technical operations within the company including project management of capital investment projects, New Product Introduction (NPI), specification and purchase of site equipment, and ensuring that all engineering & technical projects are introduced successfully into the business, on time and in budget.
- Providing technical solutions to enable the generation and approval of all new business quotations.
- Identifying future capital investment projects to improve the business offerings and competitive edge.
- Raising of site capital application requests.
- Specifying, developing and purchasing of site facility, equipment and tooling needs, including quotations and aligning of all new product introductions to the equipment and process capabilities.
- Managing and mentoring of the technical operations department and team members.
- Participating in Continuous Improvement Projects as required, including all OEE projects to ensure improved efficiencies, reduced waste and cost.
- Ensuring that all activities are undertaken and are in accordance with statutory, regulatory and company EHS, Quality and Engineering standards, procedures and systems.
Previous Work Experience:
- Must have proven engineering project management experience within a highly regulated manufacturing environment, such as pharmaceutical, medical, defence, automotive, aerospace, food or petrochemical.
- Must have experience within a client facing project manager or engineering manager role, and the ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Must have proven experience of managing a team.
- Must have experience in the specification, development, and purchasing of new capital equipment.
Specific Knowledge / Skills Competence:
- Must have strong knowledge of lean and continuous improvement principles.
July 31, 2017