Clinical Billing Specialist
Job Title: Clinical Billing Specialist
Department: Project Management
Work Pattern: 40 hours per week
Reporting to: Manager, Clinical Processes
Responsible for (staff): N/A
An opportunity has arisen for a temporary Clinical Billing Specialist for a 6 month period.
The successful candidate will be dependable, reliable and possess good integrity. The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, be able to work on their own or in a team and will be able to solve complex issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Clinical Project Managers and Associate Project Managers by handling JDE billing set-up and the creation and processing of monthly client facing invoices.
- Management and resolution of billing related issues with IT, other PCI sites and 3rd party vendors. Preparation and reporting of internal metrics, reports and financial data to site lead team
- Responsible for matching 3rd party invoices with correct PM to invoice to client.
- Responsible for drafting, distributing and advancing all monthly client facing invoices for storage and distribution activities.
- Manage and distribute any one-off or additional billing items to PM team throughout the month to be included in client invoice and/or manually enter corresponding charges not created through MBSO.
- Liaise with accounting and PMs to monitor and manage outstanding accounts payable invoices still pending final billing to client.
- Manage intercompany billing and resolve any intercompany billing discrepancies through final credit, rebill and intercompany reconciliation.
- Research, respond and help to resolve client or internal billing inquiries or errors and create and manage corresponding credit/rebilling as applicable with the accounting and PM teams.
- Create and run reports throughout the month in support of billing and financial reconciliation and as requested by customers or PM team.
- Gather, analyze and provide requested financial data and metrics to lead team/management as requested.
- Monitor and record changes to monthly packaging forecast.
- Training and on-boarding of new employees within same role, as requested.
- Where requested, participate and complete other tasks and projects as requested.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all PCI, cGMP and cGCP policies, procedures, rules and regulations as applicable to assigned tasks.
- This position may require overtime and/or weekend work.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all PCI, current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) policies, procedures, rules.
- Attendance to work is an essential function of this position.
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to perform more complex computer tasks and has knowledge of various computer programs primarily excel.
- Ability to speak in a way that allows one to participate effectively in various conversations.
- Ability to read various types of standard items addressed to general readers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions, communication effectively.
- Ability to deal with problems that involve several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to analyse and identify errors and trends in data.
- Ability to display excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- GCSE Grade C and above in English, Science and Mathematics (or equivalent) is essential
- A Level/NVQ/HNC or equivalent in finance or mathematics is desirable.