Human Resources Advisor
Job Title: Human Resources Advisor
Department: Human Resources
Work Pattern: 40 Hours
Reporting to: Human Resources Manager
Responsible for (staff): N/A
Provide a professional HR service which meets the needs of the business and its employees. Manage the implementation of HR initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and coach on employment legislation, policies and procedures, promoting best practice to managers.
- Build effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Influence the development and implementation of HR policies and processes to ensure they meet the needs of the business.
- Provide support and guidance to employees on terms and conditions of employment, HR policy and practice.
- Lead on site absence management including: recording absence, managing absence data, providing reports, supporting managers with team absence levels, organising and participating in absence meetings and case management.
- Enter and verify monthly payroll changes, trouble shooting any anomalies.
- Deliver the site health surveillance programme working with our occupational health provider and key stakeholders.
- Lead the recruitment and selection of permanent and agency staff. Responsible for successful on-boarding of new starters and delivery of company induction.
- Evaluate training solutions, coordinate and support delivery of training events.
- Support the overall employee life cycle, including performance management.
- Support and oversee employee relations issues including disciplinary, grievance and capability.
- Support change management programmes including restructures.
- Update and maintain ERP / HR systems. Ensure information is accurate and relevant in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations.
- Ownership of HR projects and initiatives through to completion. Support the HR Manager to deliver global projects.
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities to streamline processes and align with the business.
- Support the implementation of metrics, review monthly to identify trends and action plan opportunities to improve. Produce regular and ad hoc KPI and metric reporting.
- Represent PCI at external events promoting PCI as an employer of choice e.g. careers events, working with schools and colleges.
- Support/drive charitable, corporate responsibility and team initiatives across the business.
- Ensure skills and professional expertise are regularly maintained and updated through continual professional development.
- Perform other duties as required by line manager.
- Responsible for adhering to PCI Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Health, Safety and Environmental Rules, General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and other regulatory guidelines.
- Sound judgement for well-rounded and consistent decision making
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-awareness, encouraging feedback two-way
- Demonstrates confidentiality, discretion and integrity always
- Be approachable and engaging
- Experience of working as HR Advisor or similar role
- Experience within a commercial, distribution or manufacturing environment
- Able to demonstrate exposure to dealing with: complex employee relations cases, absence management, stakeholder management, employee engagement, policy writing and updating.
- Sound knowledge of current employment law
- Able to contribute to change management initiatives
- Able to manage the implementation of HR initiatives / projects
- Able to influence and impact key stakeholders
- Able to build strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Able to work well in busy conditions and operate effectively within a team
- Able to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Excellent customer service skills, able to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders
- Able to use a variety of HRIS and related IT solutions.
- Strong MS Office skills, numerate and competent in Excel.
- Level 5 CIPD qualification or equivalent.