Manufacturing Process Improvement Engineer
Job Title: Manufacturing Process Improvement Engineer
Department: Continuous Improvement
Work Pattern: Monday to Friday – 08:00 – 16:00
Reporting to: Continuous Improvement Manager
Responsible for (staff): N/A
A new opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Process Improvement Engineer to join the Continuous Improvement team. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering hands on Manufacturing Process Engineering, focused on operational improvements across the site.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate Manufacturing Engineer with at least 3 years Post Graduate experience in a Pharmaceutical, FMCG or similar Packaging environment, looking for their next challenge.
This role offers an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious engineer wanting to grow and develop their career within a role that provides autonomy and technical challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use technical expertise and influence to identify opportunities for process improvement projects, aligned to site strategy (safety, quality, delivery, cost, and people). Complete implementation through generation of data/technical justification, implementation and qualification.
- Carry out trending of data, assessing the capability of the process and taking action to improve product reject rates.
- Lead the Site Changeover Program, utilising SMED to challenge current thinking and standard work to lock in and sustain.
- Deploy the use of electronic data collection platforms and analysis tools to enable OEE performance management and control.
- Implementation of change controls for process or equipment changes
- Work alongside Production and Technical Engineering departments to ensure sustainable implementation of operational excellence initiatives.
- Ensure all interactions and engagements are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Experience of manufacturing in the Pharmaceutical and/or Medical Device industry (other highly regulated and quality driven industries may be considered).
- Able to demonstrate application of continuous improvement tools and techniques (Kaizen, Six Sigma, TPM, SMED, RCA) to deliver positive outcomes.
- Strong team player able to demonstrate ability to lead and facilitate informal and formal teams in the development and delivery of improvement solutions.
- Able to work across all functions at the Hay site.
- Must be able to work under pressure and co-ordinate multiple activities concurrently.
- Hands on approach, problem solving mind set, good attention to detail, organised and methodical.
- Demonstrated ability to extract critical information to enable effective and appropriate decision making.
- Willing to learn, develop skills and knowledge.
- Degree qualified (engineering / manufacturing related), or significant pharmaceutical industry experience supported by alternative qualifications.
- Project management experience/qualification (e.g. Prince2) would be advantageous.