Packaging and Artwork Technologist
Job Title: Packaging and Artwork Technologist
Department: Technical Services
Work Pattern: Monday to Friday – 9.00 – 17.00
Reporting to: Technical Services Manager
Responsible for (staff): N/A
An opportunity has arisen for a Packaging and Artwork Technologist to join the Technical Development team at our Hay-on-Wye site. The successful candidate will have:
- An interest in manufacturing and packaging development experience in a Pharmaceutical or FMCG business.
- Experience in packaging design, materials and process interaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all technical development aspects including:
- The identification an specification of regulatory compliant packaging material in order to fulfil the customer’s needs.
- Design and development of new packaging formats to meet the customer, PCI Pharma Services and regulatory needs.
- Origination of artwork, packaging and process components to meet the customer, PCI Pharma Services and regulatory needs.
- Maintenance of site material and components specifications database.
- Co-ordination of supplier origination costs ensuing alignment to customer purchase order and invoicing.
- Development and maintenance of the site materials and component specifications including preferred site standards.
- Produce technical drawings and templates to support business and customer needs, this includes but is not limited to packaging and drawings within the scope of the job-holder’s capabilities.
- Coordination and approval of customer supplied artwork printers / suppliers proofs.
- Drive right first time to deliver a zero defect performance.
- Connect across PCI Pharma Services to drive performance.
- Ability to travel on company business as required
- Educated to BTEC HNC in a Technical, Engineering, Packaging or a science subject.
- Proficient utilization of software packages such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Visio and a high level of computer literacy.
- IOM3 packaging materials qualifications.
- Competent AutoCAD user with the ability to create and modify existing 2D drawings.
- A qualification in AutoCAD Design would be advantageous.
- Competent Adobe Illustrator user with the ability to create and modify existing drawings.
- A qualification in Adobe Illustrator