Job Title: Project Manager
Location: San Diego
Department: Project Management
Reporting to: Sr Manager, Project Management
Responsible for (staff): N/A
General Purpose of Role:
The Project Manager is responsible for managing client projects. Each Project Manager works in partnership with the Business Development, Quality, and Operations functions to ensure clear communication of customer requirements and PCI’s capabilities in order to successfully complete projects of all sizes.
- Manage multiple customer projects to meet customer and PCI expectations and requirements. Must be able to manage up to 15 projects simultaneously.
- Review project proposals for existing clients.
- Provide clinical trials management guidance (labeling, import/export, kit randomization and distribution requirements, etc.) to clients.
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Determine the resources (time, budget requirements, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project.
- Develop a timeline for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.
- Execute the project according to the project plan.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Establish a communication schedule to update appropriate staff, leadership and customers.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at high standards of quality.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
- Take ownership of all project deliverables.
- Support development of manufacturing instructions for packaging jobs.
- Develop and utilize company ERP tools to maximize business efficiency.
- Represent the Company in various meetings with outside clients, agencies companies and consultants.
- Perform various other duties from time to time to support Company business objectives.
- Travel on Company business on an as needed basis.
- Ensure adherence to appropriate policies and procedures.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in project management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical, biotech or contract manufacturing organization required.
- BS or MS degree in the Life Sciences preferred.
- Experience in cGMP environment preferred.
- Experience in project scheduling, managing resources, and budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Strong process and detail orientation.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint