Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Project Management
Reporting to: Senior Project Management
Responsible for (staff): May be accountable for Project Officers and Junior Project Managers
General Purpose of Role:
- Responsible for ensuring that all project deliverables meet client agreed milestones and that support functions are aligned to deliver on time if full under excellent client service
- To forecast and report accurate financial performance of client accounts whilst driving organic growth of repeat business through change orders.
- Ensure accurate Client account management and identification of change order opportunities.
- Effectively and proactively lead Client projects and inspire members of the project team to ensure all customer service levels are consistently met.
- To ensure realistic project milestones are provided to the client during project initiation whilst managing adherence to these tasks.
- Ensure project initiation, project milestones and project review meetings are held at an appropriate time across the term of the project and with the appropriate key stakeholders in attendance.
- Provide routine reports of accounts including project delivery, financial order book, quality, compliance, regulatory and relationship aspects.
- To ensure there is a high level of communication and effective working relationships between Project Management and other key stakeholder departments across the business.
- To set, monitor and drive targets, forecasts and revenue as required, including changes to scope of work.
- To manage the Client’s account ensuring that all order book values are current and accurate; to resolve any invoice queries and work with clients pro-active forecast future work opportunity
- To coordinate and host on site Client visits, off site meetings, audits and teleconferences.
- To comply with company policies including internal and external Health and Safety, Environmental standards and the safe handling of potent formulations down to OEL’s of 0.01μ/m3.
- To undertake such tasks and to manage specific internal or ad hoc projects as and when required to meet department and business needs and within the scope of the job-holder’s capabilities and responsibilities.
- The job holder is responsible for adhering to PCI SOPs, Health & Safety, GMP and other regulatory guidelines.
GMP Requirements Hierarchy
- GMP Skill Level 1 is essential for this role (further information regarding GMP Requirements Hierarchy, can be obtained at SOP-L&D-001)
- Hons Degree in a suitable scientific discipline or otherwise
- Formal Project management Training
Previous Work Experience:
- 3 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical development or life science organisation
- Relevant experience in co-ordination for complex development projects and delivery of customer requirements
Specific Knowledge / Skills Competence:
- Science Background and technical background and understanding of cGMP
- Good computer skills across all Microsoft Packages
- Highly organised
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Commitment to, and demonstration of meeting deadlines
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing work scopes
- Able to present confidently
- Honest and trustworthy
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Customer focussed
February 13, 2018